[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paulo Meireles <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Adding a second IP addresses to a NIC
 Date:  Wed, 17 May 2006 17:15:11 +0100
Hi,

I'm sure this is obvious, but I'm new to both BSD and m0n0wall and
couldn't find it on the documentation, despite having tried quite hard...
I have built a firewall with 4 network interfaces. One of the interfaces
is connected to a LAN that has 2 different subnets. I'd like m0n0wall to
provide routing for these, but I can't figure how.

I already have given the interface the IP address 10.191.47.254/20, and
all is OK. However, I now need to be able to route to 10.191.191.0/24.
Adding another network interface is not an option - I've reached the
limit (it's a VMware ESX virtual machine). So, I'd like to know how to
add a second IP address - 10.191.191.254/24 - to this interface. Can
anyone give me a hand?

Regards,

Paulo