[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Hyles" <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1 to 1 ip routing
 Date:  Sun, 21 May 2006 14:28:01 -0400
I use m0n0wall at home and love it to death, but I need m0n0wall in a
production environment. I am wondering a few things here. Is m0n0wall
a good solution for securing a webserver/SQL server from hackers and
such?

My main question I have about monowall is can it do 1 to 1 IP routing.
In otherwords, I wont want dhcp or NAT, I just want a firewall that
will allow me to filter packets and close off ports, but at the same
time, I want to have 2 real world IP addresses setup for two machines
which will take those ip's directly rather than getting them from dhcp
(static of course)

Is this possible? I'm not sure if i explained myself well enough, but
feel free to ask questions.

Josh.