[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Noah Dain" <noahdain at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] bridging ath0 with sis0 ( netgate powerg8 )
 Date:  Sun, 21 May 2006 19:12:14 -0400
On 5/18/06, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On 5/18/06, Noah Dain <noahdain at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > I'm looking for information on how to bridge a wireless interface to
> > the wan (ethernet) interface.
> >

> I've tried to bridge an ath card to an Ethernet card with 1.2b7 (what
> powerg8's run), and it just doesn't work.  Some sort of issue in
> FreeBSD 5.x.  I believe this should work in FreeBSD 6, though I
> personally haven't tried it, so you might want to check out pfsense.
>
> -Chris

for posterity:

finally got it working with pfsense 1beta3 (embedded).

the main trick was to disable bridge-filtering.  Somehow with that
enabled dhcp datagrams were getting eaten somewhere along the line.

pfsense is pretty damn sweet, imo.

--
Noah Dain
"I don't want to make toys, I want to be a dentist!"