[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Configuracion wireless en monowall
 Date:  Mon, 22 May 2006 11:25:11 -0500
Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:

> misma red.
>
> Por ejemplo, puedes impedir que hagan broadcasts de 192.168.1.1 a

> de la misma red y del mismo alambre).
>
> De no saber el IP puedes usar el "angry ip scanner" (googlealo y lo
> puedes bajar) para saber, entre otras cosas, el nombre del recurso

For the benefit of the other 60% of the US (those who can't process
spanish), this is basically a discussion about isolating specific users
from the rest of the network, which can probably be done through VLANs
(not that I have any idea how to do it). Somebody asked if blocking
netbios broadcasts would work, and I replied that you can prevent
broadcasts *across* networks, not *within* a network.

There *is* an option, if you want to isolate your wifi clients, to do
such a thing. It's called "AP Isolation" or something, and it's
available in most linksys wifi routers/AP's. Dunno if it's available in
others, though.