[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lynn Grant" <lgrant at adamscon dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Configuracion wireless en monowall
 Date:  Mon, 22 May 2006 14:58:44 -0500
Actually, I thought it was very cool that when a Spanish speaker with
a m0n0wall problem came in, there were other m0n0wall users who could
help him out in his language.  This seems like the very soul of Open
Source at work.

Also, for those of us who speak a little Spanish, but not well, it is
nice to see how networking concepts and systems are described in
Spanish...you won't get that out of your High School Spanish books.

(I was once on a project where we had a local, non-technical
translator translate some computer documentation into French.  I think
you could have heard the guys in France laughing all the way across
the Atlantic.)

Bilingual postings are nice, if possible, as they let English-only
speakers follow along, and they make it easier to double-check the
translation.

But just as we don't shun posters who do not understand everything
about the m0n0wall, we should not shun posters who do not understand
everything about the English language.

Be well...

Lynn Grant

> Yow men...
> There is no reason for that...
> I guess there is no were in the clause that say you have to write in
English
> for some of us that are using m0n0 are not English speaking
person... there
> is no reason for comment like that. We are here to help each other
not
> matter what.... English Spanish polish... it does not matter.
>
> Best regards
>
> W.S:

wrote:

misma
> > red.
>
> Folks, can you take this off-list? Or create a m0n0-es, or something.
>
> > Por ejemplo, puedes impedir que hagan broadcasts de 192.168.1.1 a

dentro
> > de la misma red y del mismo alambre).
> >
> > De no saber el IP puedes usar el "angry ip scanner" (googlealo y
lo
> > puedes bajar) para saber, entre otras cosas, el nombre del recurso

usuario que

> > David Rando wrote:
> > >Hola que tal.

poner una
> > >regla que bloquee el broadcast de redes de windows (del netbios)?
Si es
> > >posible, se impediria que un cliente hiciera un click en "ver
equipos del

sabe la
> > >ip no

ni

> > >llama).

<wilfred dot savery at innovadotnet dot com>

ARP de

MONOWALL