[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] captive portal with scripting
 Date:  Mon, 22 May 2006 19:40:47 -0500
Craig McTaggart (Manchester) wrote:
> Hello
>

> I am interested in using Monowall to create a captive portal suite to
> sell broadband as a hotspot, I have got my radius server and every thing
> else good to go, but I have noticed the "Portal page" which you specify
> in Monowall is only a html file.

Which can, in turn, redirect to a scripted page on a webserver on a
captive-portal whitelist.
> I wish to use scripting to take payment from customers via Paypal which
> in turn gives them access with the user name and password (authenticated
> in the background via radius once payment is received), but my obvious
> problem is Monowall only allows a basic HTML file as the portal page so
> I cant run any scripting to get them registered!
>

> Is it still possible to use scripting with the Monowall portal page to
> allow authentication?

 Not *in* the m0n0wall box itself (not easily)...
> Hope someone can help, im probably just going about this the wrong way!

I believe you are. Look for info on whitelisted ip addresses and set up
your script on a whitelisted server running apache or whatever your
choice of server is.