[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "sHuKKo Kazandibi" <shukko at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall in colocation environment serious problems.
 Date:  Tue, 23 May 2006 15:55:40 -0400
On 5/23/06, sHuKKo Kazandibi <shukko at gmail dot com> wrote:

>  May 23 21:34:25 /kernel: xl0: transmission error: 90
>  May 23 21:34:25 /kernel: xl0: tx underrun, increasing tx start threshold to 120 bytes

those messages are normal.  they will cause some transmission drops,
but only a few times shortly after booting up.  that's just the xl
(3Com) card doing some self tuning.  that's not related to your
problem.

>  May 23 22:06:04 /kernel: arp: 212.170.24.2 is on my0 but got reply from
> 00:13:d4:a7:a4:6e on xl0

do you have both interfaces of the firewall plugged into the same
broadcast domain?

that's the only circumstance where you should see that message, and
that's not correct with the type of setup you describe.  This does
usually indicate a problem, not with your ARP configuration, but with
how you have things plugged in.

-Chris