[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Jonathan Romero <jonnyro at jonnyro dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Optimal placement for wireless AP on network
 Date:  Tue, 23 May 2006 22:28:56 +0100
Hi,

> Both the apple airport express and the wap54gx have been VERY unstable.
> They crash about once every 18 hours and wont work again unless you power
> cycle.

ideally such WLAN activity would be off your main networks and on its own network...use VLAN or
another port on m0n0 to do such things...however, APs crashing isnt a good thing - I would check the
latest firmware releases for both those devices... Apples kit has had recent fixes as has linksys.

alan