[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Configuracion wireless en monowall
 Date:  Tue, 23 May 2006 21:57:40 -0500
From: "Rolf Kutz" <kutz at netcologne dot de>
>* Quoting Alex Neuman van der Hans (alex at nkpanama dot com):

>> I've set up a few. Definitely your best shot would be to use m0n0 for
>> your firewall/routing needs, along with a bit of traffic shaping. I'd
>> block outgoing port 25 to prevent abuse (and let your clients know that

> This helps preventing abuse like castration
> prevents rape. How shall people contact their
> providers smtpd if 25 is blocked?

A good provider has an authenticated back door.  Mine, for example, allows
connection on a 4 digit port that ends in 25, with a username and password.
It just keeps out the main spam engines.  Worst case, I can PPtP into one of
my firewalls (like at home) and have full access from there.  Now for the
sites that block GRE, and so on...  I am SO with you!

                            Lee