[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Richter <richter at mpia dash hd dot mpg dot de>
 To:  Frank Richter <richter at mpia dash hd dot mpg dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging 2x2 Interfaces [solved]
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 11:27:58 +0200
Frank Richter wrote:
>> I'm using a i386 machine with 5 interfaces!
>>
>> Lan: 192.168.11.11 (administration only)
>> Wan: public IP
>> Opt1: no ip (bridged with Wan)
>> Opt2: dummy IP (192.168.111.111/31)
>> Opt3: no ip (bridged with Opt2
>>
>> "Enable filtering Bridge" is checked.
>>
>> The firewall-rules on interfaces Wan/Opt1 working perfect!!
>>
>> The rules on interface Opt3 working perfect!
>>

> i have found this in config.xml
> # LAN/OPT spoof check (needs to be after DHCP because of broadcast addresses)
> block in log quick on em2 from ! 192.168.1.0/24 to any
> block in log quick on bge0 from ! 192.168.111.110/31 to any
>
>  - -opt2=bge0- -
>
> Thank you very much
>
>> But it's not possible to get the rules working on Opt2????
>> I've tried Version 1.22 and 1.21!
>>
>> I'm carefully followed instructions in:
>> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/examples-filtered-bridge.html
>>
>> And the hint with the "dummy IP" from the mailinglist in February!
>>
>> So is this a bug or "bad thinking"

After adding "static routes" for the network on "opt2" everything is
working fine now!
Before using m0n0wall we have used "freebsd and ipfw2" and
bridging/firewall was no problem with 2x2 NICs.
Possibly I missunderstood the configuration steps with m0n0wall. Hope
this will help someone!

Thank you very much, specially the one in sweden.