[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Soekris 4501 crashing
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 10:30:53 +0100
Greetings all,

I've had a net4501 running m0n0 for the last couple of months, during which
time it's been fine until recently. Over the last week or two, I've noticed
it has a tendency to die every 2-3 days, usually late at night when traffic
is at its lowest. When the box crashes it does not respond to pings on any
interface. The soekris box is warm to the touch, but never hot.

Is there any way to diagnose problems like this? I've tried syslogging to
one of my linux boxes, but there aren't any entries just before it dies that
would indicate a problem. The only network traffic overnight should be my
machine checking mail every few minutes. I've checked all the Windows boxes
to make sure none of them are creating thousands of connections trying to
replicate a virus.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

Chris