[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  "Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] console access (was "m0n0wall feature request"
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:51:02 -0500
At 08:36 PM 1/23/2004, Michael A. Alderete wrote:

>The way I see it, you could both lock and unlock from the webGUI, but only
>lock it from the console. When locked, the console could say "Console is
>LOCKED. Unlock via webGUI."
>
>The console should unlock when you reboot. (My preference, I can appreciate
>other points of view.)
>
>Now all you have to do is keep the pointy haired bosses from rebooting, by
>telling them they'll shut off the Internet. ;-)
>
>Michael

LOL  I really like this option.  Perhaps the message could include the part
about shutting off the Internet. <g>  BTW, add little kids, dogs, wives,
and other such unintentional threats as might be appropriate to the
list.  Personally, everthing is run through a KVM, so they would have to
figure out how to actually get to that console first, but stranger things
have happened I suppose.

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick any two