[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "fisch" <fisch at conne dash island dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature request which would make m0n0wall even better ;)
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:43:24 +0100 (CET)
Jorgen Norrman sagte:
> Hello m0n0wall users/developers
>
> Here's another guy just asking for improvements, but this time he's from
> Sweden!  :)
> Anyhow here's my requests/tips/wantings ...
>
> [System: General setup]
> It would be nice if m0n0wall could act as ntp server for the
> lan/pptp/ipsec clients.

it doesn't ?

> [Firewall: Rules]
> A must have is the ability to make port lists or groups containing ports.
> Another great feature would be groups containing ip-adresses.

port lists, would be very great!!!
at time i migrate to m0n0wall and I never have a port range in a rule but
always a port list (http and https or smtp and ssmtp or 20 different ports
for CMS). With the WebGui you waste a lot of time by setting up an new
firewall. Now I'am editing the config.xml - it's faster.
I think "duplicate a rule" would help too - so you only have to change the
IP or port, and not to fill out the whole site.

> [Services: DHCP]

> before braodcast)
> DNS server entryn for those who has DNS servers on LAN for the clients
> and want m0n0wall to use ISP's DNS servers.

I thought you can edit the dhcp-config - so it is possible

> [VPN: IPsec: Tunnels]
> enable/disable different tunnels
>
> /jn

bye