[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  "'fisch'" <fisch at conne dash island dot de>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature request which would make m0n0wall even better ;)
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:22:44 -0600
Nope, it doesn't fisch.  I'm behind some of the other brains (like how I
add myself into words and thoughts to hautily lift myself up? :) )
behind the fact that unnecessary complexity reduces security.

I've read where - even with NTP as simple in concept as it is, it's a
potential security hole!

What I do (and like better) is use an inside NTP server that gets time
from another NTP and then all clients (including m0n0) use my internal
NTP server instead.

I've REALLY needed that "group" feature for m0n0's firewall rules.
Currently, I have four rules where one could be :'(

(Four different IP subsets, two subnets with same parameters)

I use an internal server for DHCP so can't help you on that and don't
use IPSEC (I use pptp since it's simple in Windows)

Network Administrator
Cooks Saw MFG, LLC (www.CooksSaw.com)

160 Ken Lane