[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  Fred Weston <Fred at daytonawan dot com>
 Cc:  Brandon Holland <brandon at cookssaw dot com>, 'fisch' <fisch at conne dash island dot de>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature request which would make m0n0wall even better ;)
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:04:10 +0000 (GMT)
> You could argue that a larger network might benefit from the reduced
> Internet bandwidth with a local NTP server, but I agree that the amount
> of bandwidth is so miniscule that it's not a pressing issue.

Or you could actually understand that deploying an internal NTP server
took 1/9th of the time it took to have this discussion. How long does it
take to goto http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=ntp
and then deploy your chosen rpm - or even make from source.

Next we'll have someone ask for Squid on a firewall. NTP doesn't have a
place on a gateway.

Dick