[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] console access (was "m0n0wall feature request"
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:17:53 +1000
Hi Manuel,

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 04:07, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> John Voigt wrote:
>
> > Soekris box which has no reset switch I'm coming to think that should the
> > password be lost it will require that the unit be dis-assembled in order to
> > access the CF card to fix it. (No more "reset to factory defaults" option
>
> That's true, so I recommend you don't disable the console on your
> Soekris boxes.

When I suggested this a while back I didn't mean that you implement it
in a way that would make people's experience with m0n0wall less
enjoyable.  I was suggesting something more like "6. log out this
session" and that the console not automatically log in, but ask for a
username/password upon boot.  I suppose that the username/password could
even be the webGUI password if it comes to that.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Email: Hilton at QuarkAV dot com
         Quark Computers        Phone: +61-(0)419-792-394
(Brisbane, Australia)            http://www.QuarkAV.com/

				http://www.mamboband.org/