[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pb26r610
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:41:02 -0500
On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 11:29:33PM +0100, Darth Moula wrote:
> BOOTING OK!

Boots and runs fine for me.  But then, so did build 606.  :)

Switching topics a little bit, I just switched from smoothwall 2.0 beta to
m0n0wall pb25 last night.  Aside from a few hardware issues (intermittent
ethernet card, and switching from hard drive only system to cdrom only
system), the actual transition was very painless.  I was amazed to find a
new version of m0n0wall available when I got up this morning.  The entire
"upgrade" from pb25 to pb26build606 took less than 10 minutes, including
backing up the config, downloading and burning the iso, and rebooting
the firewall.  Total downtime was less than 2 minutes for the reboot.

I'm very pleased with m0n0wall.  I like the minimalistic approach of
"just be a firewall, and be the best firewall you can", instead of the
"lets add features till it collapses" approach so many projects seem to
have.

jim