[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and PPPoA, USB modem
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:18:02 +1000
Hi Lonek,

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 09:03, lonek at blenders dot pl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an internet provider, that supplied me with ADSL modem which is
> connected to the PC via the USB port (SAGEM F@ST 800 USB). What more,
> this modem uses PPPoA. Will m0n0wall be able to operate on such
> hardware/connection type..? I can't check it myself right now, so
> that's why I post this message.

Currently, m0n0wall is an Ethernet-only product - no ISDN, dialup modem
nor USB device support (AFAICT).  It would be nice to add some of these
interfaces, especially for redundancy - many companies have an ISDN or
dialup link as a backup for when their main link goes down.

Many, many home and small business users have USB ADSL modems supplied
to them by the dopey twats at their ISP.  USB is meant for keyboards and
mice, not modems!  (Yes, USB ADSL support is a good idea for m0n0wall.)

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Email: Hilton at QuarkAV dot com
         Quark Computers        Phone: +61-(0)419-792-394
(Brisbane, Australia)            http://www.QuarkAV.com/

				http://www.mamboband.org/