[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  <brwatters at abs dash internet dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Timed Events & Stats reporting ..
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:23:14 -0600
http://www.nagios.org/download/ Nagios is open source, (linux only)
http://www.solarwinds.net/  Costs money, but runs on Windows. (Very
nice)

Brandon

PS: About security, your router isn't going to be reachable via SNMP
from the outside world, and if you don't want insiders from peaking in
on the read-only statistical info, just change your community.

I don't see it as a security risk (esp in our environment at work) but
there may be a situation when it's not the best idea.