[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Optimizing boot time
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:41:31 -0600
Anyone have any tips for optimizing boot time on a standard  pc using
generic-pc-cdrom m0n0wall version?

Since space isn't an issue on the cd-rom version, there are probably
some things that could be done to m0n0wall (the way it's packaged and
loaded ) itself, but I presume It's not done since the main goal is to
offer routing ability to embedded appliances and doing this'd take away
time from other functions

I wish I could hack the PC's bios to get it to quit quick checking the
RAM.  The smallest stick I have is 128, and it's still too long :'(

Then it's got that stupid fading logo, that adds another 5 seconds to
boot.  Man, I need to start writing BIOS's :'(
Brandon