[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Rando" <david at davidrando dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Configuracion wireless en monowall
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 11:52:26 +0200
I've been searching the list (I said that before) since first day. Not only
this list, pfsense list and forum, google in general.... after all of that,
i signed up in the list and start sending.

You know, for tastes are the colours ;-) anyway some webforums have the
feature to have the messages of the list in it, like vbulletin (i see it
everyday and the ubuntu forums).

For instance, as a newcomer, my first reaction was search for a forum and
look for a forum called "captive portal" and read the stickies for the known
problems, and then search between the posts for solutions.

About blocking port 25, i think it must be depending the service you want to
offer. For a place with lots of "high risk" customers, i would go for it,
warning on the captive and make then to use the webmail. If it isn't the
case, for example, in a hotel where people stay for a few days, have to pay
for being there, and need the internet for working, or just use it for
pleasure, if they abuse on the connection, they won't be able to use it
anymore (and it's very easy to shut them down). I would let it open until
there are problems.