[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian McEntire" <brian dot mcentire at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How to 1:1 NAT WAN to OPT1?
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 12:51:31 -0400
Looked at the docs and they say it is possible to 1:1 NAT WAN to OPT
but that you will almost always do it to LAN.

I want to leave the LAN interface unused except for admin'ing the Monowall.

What steps are needed to configure a 1:1 NAT like so:
  WAN: 10.0.0.0/24
  OPT1: 140.x.x.0/24

I'd like the OPT1 interface to get an IP address of 140.x.x.1 so that
hosts inside the OPT1 interface can use that as the default gateway.

Is proxyarp needed if 1:1 mapping an entire subnet?

Upstream of the monowall, 10.0.0.2 is the interface on the router.

Ideas?