[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Brian McEntire" <brian dot mcentire at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to 1:1 NAT WAN to OPT1?
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 13:59:31 -0400
On 5/24/06, Brian McEntire <brian dot mcentire at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I want to leave the LAN interface unused except for admin'ing the Monowall.

that's fine, that'll work.

> What steps are needed to configure a 1:1 NAT like so:
>   WAN: 10.0.0.0/24
>   OPT1: 140.x.x.0/24

this is a bit confusing..  is your WAN IP really private, and you want
to use a public IP subnet on OPT?

> Is proxyarp needed if 1:1 mapping an entire subnet?

Depends.  If your ISP is routing that entire subnet to your WAN IP,
no.  Otherwise, yes.  It typically won't hurt anything to use proxy
ARP when you don't need it.

-Chris