[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John ." <jvoigt at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] vlans?
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 14:01:18 -0400
On 5/24/06, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On 5/24/06, Guillermo Tenaschuk <guifate at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> > ok but in this case it doesn't show the configuration of VLAN in monowall,
> > and it is there where it doesn't work.
> > my configuration is:
> > one VLAN on wireless mini-pci card
>
> This proves what I said, you don't understand what a VLAN is.  I
> seriously doubt if your wireless client supports 802.1Q.  Go read that
> wiki page.  This isn't something you use to connect clients, it's a
> feature of switches.
>
> -Chris

Actually, a number of higher end wireless access points do support
802.1Q.  I remember doing some research on this a couple of years ago
for a hotel chain.  Details are fuzzy (it WAS 2 years ago) but some
google research should find examples.  That's not to say that the O.P.
DOES understand VLANs (which indeed are primarily aimed at switch
equipment.)