[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Soekris 4501 crashing
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 12:55:19 +0100
> When you say 'warm to the touch' how warm? All the Soekris
> firewalls we have are bairly detectably warm to the touch

That sounds about right. Touching it doesn't give one that "cold metal"
feeling, but it doesn't feel hot either. Room temperature is probably
accurate.

Interestingly, I've done some more tests with it this morning, and about 15
minutes after starting a BitTorrent client on one of the LAN machines, it
dies. I've monitored the state table up until the sudden death, and it
doesn't seem to go above 300 current states, and CPU util. hovers around the
2-5% mark.

This doesn't really explain the overnight deaths though...

Regards,

Chris