[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steven Marcotte <sdmarcotte at comcast dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.22 won't boot on Nokia VPN210 box with CF card
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 17:29:22 -0500
Make sure you have the serial cable connected to the correct serial port
on the Nokia box.  I spent two days fearing that I hosed my IP330 when
in fact I had the serial cable connected to the serial port not the
console port (the bottom one).  The system appeared fine, I could see it
POST and I could access the BIOS, but it seemed to freeze once it tried
to boot.

No matter what combination of version or CF card I tried it always froze
at the following line.

/kernel text=0x2eeb60 data=0x69d50+0x2221c syms=[0x4+0x409a0+0x4
+0x489a6]

I plugged the serial cable into the bottom port and everything magically
started working.  (I put some black electrical tape over the top serial
port to ensure that I don't make that mistake again)

I hope this helps,

Steve

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 16:00 -0400, Memmott @ HitCatcher.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I have a Nokia VPN210 box that I was using as a m0n0wall firewall with
an
> internal hard drive. I decided to swap out the hard drive with a 256MB
CF