[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Molle Bestefich" <molle dot bestefich at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: more questions: syslog server; use the harddrive, Luke?
 Date:  Thu, 25 May 2006 10:40:07 +0200
Chris Buechler wrote:
> Use a syslog server.  You should never rely upon local logs on a firewall.

It would in effect be a syslog server as I wouldn't be using the firewall part.

I guess you could say that I wanted to use m0n0wall as a very
practical delivery mechanism for an operating system that runs OOTB on
this embedded device, but not a firewall..  Which seems somewhat
abusive now that I've read this:

> Besides that, see this: http://m0n0.ch/wall/list-dev/showmsg.php?id=18/10

Thanks for the link!

I guess I'll just manually install FreeBSD 4.
Another new adventure, whee...

(Why is it that every time I try a new (to me) piece of open source
software for some project, that project always ends up eating a month
of my time?...)