[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Randy Newby" <randy at newbydev dot com>
 To:  <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] captive portal with scripting
 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2006 09:10:28 -0400
I've designed a similar system for our hotspots.  This system uses SQL
Server, ASP.NET, and a Free Radius server.  Here is a simple layout of
how I did it:

The login in page that is uploaded to the m0n0wall has the standard
username and password fields as required.  I've added a link to that
page that allows the users to go off to a whitelisted IP address to
register if they do not already have a username.

Once on the registration web site, the are able to choose which time
limit they want, fill in their contact information, and then be directed
to PayPal to handle the payment.  PayPal then confirms back to the IPN
page that the order has been completed.  After the order is completed a
script that runs on 5 minute intervals downloads all of the active/paid
customers' usernames and passwords to the radius server (having a radius
server that uses a database would be a little less cumbersome, still
looking for one cheap.).

Now that the radius server has been updated, the customer is now free to
use the plain html login page on the m0n0wall and m0n0wall handles the
rest.

I have six properties using this same application with 40-70 users each.
Multiple properties can be added and each can have it's own pricing or
terms.  Additionally, if the property would like to collect their own
funds and not use PayPal, then they can manually add the users through
an administrative interface.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Randy