[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPSEC - Fragmented packet / MTU problem
 Date:  Fri, 26 May 2006 08:50:42 -0400
Hi all,

I have been trying to track down an Email problem between two locations,
and I have found what I believe to be a problem with MTU/fragmented packets.

I have had my tunnel up and working for quite a while. Things were
perfect! Suddenly, it seems like it is not fragmenting packets over the
tunnel any more. I am not sure if it is a change that I made and forgot
about - or what could have caused it.

If I use the commend "ping 192.168.2.254 -s 1472" to ping across the
tunnel, it works fine.  "ping 192.168.2.254 -s 1473" or larger does not.

I have the "allow fragmented packets over ipsec" checked in the advanced
tab on both m0n0walls.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Andy