[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Must ping before connecting to share!
 Date:  Sat, 27 May 2006 18:05:54 -0400
On 5/26/06, Lee B. <leeb00 at gmail dot com> wrote:

> And the funny thing is that my other Windows XP machine has no problem
> connecting to shares on other hosts. But its configured same as the
> first PC, I think. ;)

There has to be some sort of difference in name resolution settings.
It's very difficult to say what might be the problem, because of the
complexity of Windows name resolution.

I suggest checking out:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/c24621675.mspx#E4NAC

If one machine works and one doesn't, it isn't m0n0wall related.

-Chris