[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Rando" <david at davidrando dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ayuda.. Portal Cautivo
 Date:  Sun, 28 May 2006 14:33:34 +0200
My 2 (euro) cents:

This is turning an off-topic language discussion again. I don't see a
problem about reading a post in a different language than my nature one. If
i don't understand it, i just skip it.

Here is a quote from the m0n0 website:

" The official language of all m0n0wall mailing lists is English, but posts
in other languages are welcome as well if you feel that you can't explain
your question well enough in English."

The only problem i see is a question that maybe it's interesting to read and
can happen to you, and you lose the solution and a possible problem you
could deal in the future because of that. Maybe saying on the mailing list
page that would be nice to add the english translation if you are going to
post in a different language could be half a solution. As you can read,
we're translating to english the replies, and the original message
(sometimes ;-) )

I'm spanish, but i'm very used to do that, so i don't mind at all.

The problem on doing a mono-es, mono-gm. etc is losing information. For
example, i'm not going to signup for the mono-gm, because i don't speak
german, and i'll lose all the post from there, message that a german guy who
also speak in english can post in both languages, and voila! another
answered question that can be useful in the future.
Or just reply in german. so I'll skip that message and continue with the
others.

.If you're afraid to get your mailbox filled with post in a different
language than english..... a forum is a solution. I really would like to
have one ;-)

Regards