[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ayuda.. Portal Cautivo
 Date:  Sun, 28 May 2006 17:08:28 -0400
Why would you want to exclude the rest of us from gaining the benefit of
any threads which get moved to a different list?  While I don't speak
Spanish, the conversations that do become multilingual are sometimes
beneficial.  The ones that don't are of no real consequence since I can
easily delete the message and move on.  If you move some percentage of
the list members to a different list then everyone suffers.  The only
people who gain are those who are so busy that they can't take the time
to delete a message they prefer not to see.  I'm certain that our list
members, including yourself, are glad they don't fall into that category.

As for traffic generated by such posts, this discussion on complaints
and counterclaims about whether non-English posts should be tolerated
seems to have taken up more traffic than all the non-English posts
themselves, in fact they're approaching do so by an order of magnitude.

Perhaps we should kill the off-topic thread and move on to more
important things like how I can forward a beer through my firewall.  I'd
like to get some hard-to-find brands sent in from a friend.  Anyone have
any ideas?