[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  "Brett Woodruff" <brett at skyways dot us>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] AR5213 Support
 Date:  Mon, 29 May 2006 23:13:58 -1000
On May 29, 2006, at 10:13 PM, Brett Woodruff wrote:

> Does anyone have any clue new a new M0n0 will be released with
> support for
> the Atheros AR5213 chipset?  I tried the 1.2b7 image w/ prism cards
> and the
> transfer speeds were horrible on a WRAP 2c board. With one machine
> associated it was only able to pull about 600K tops. I'm sure this had
> something to due with the size of the OS's Kernel, and I've heard
> rumors
> that Pfsense has support, but I was wondering if anyone had tested
> it with
> both Atheros and Prism, using a Wrap board? What kind of transfer
> speeds
> were achieved? Any information would be great.

We sell WRAP boards with both Prism2.5 and Atheros chipsets bundled
with m0n0 1.2b7 on a CF card.

And we can get something north of 5Mbps of TCP throughput in our
configuration testing to a 2511MP (Prism 2.5 chipset) card.

So... its probably something in your environment.  Its got nothing to
do with the size of the kernel.

Yes, pfsense has support (I've tested with both Atheros and prism
cards), and we will release our pfsense support as soon as
I can get the defaults set to something that our customers can use
without attaching a serial port to the box.

Jim