[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bernie O'Connor" <Bernie dot OConnor at sas dot com>
 To:  "Roberto Greiner" <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Root beeing filled up by dhcp
 Date:  Tue, 30 May 2006 09:51:38 -0400
Since you're running from an HD, you can consider tweaking the root image size.  I would suggest
that you dedicate a machine running freebsd4.11 that you can use to generate your own images.  Use
the scratch guide as a starting point: http://doc.m0n0.ch/dev/image-guide.html#id2544848 . Once you
get FreeBSD 4.11 running, then use the m0n0-utils materials to help you tweak your image:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~fredmol/m0n0/ .  The m0n0-inst-modules command has the -m switch which lets
you set the root file system size.  That's what you would increase; however, be aware that the stock
system limits a new image firmware load size to 8MB AND since you're running the image in memory,
you need to make sure you have enough main memory to hold everything.

bernie