[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ultimate AP to attach to m0n0wall?
 Date:  Tue, 30 May 2006 17:27:12 -0500
From: "Jonathan Romero" <jromero at raydiance dash inc dot com>

> I've been having tons of problems with both an apple airport and a linksys
> wrt54gx crashing under heavy load.  I am really tired of having to go back
> there and manually reset the units.  I'm willing to spend up to $1600 on a
> new AP to pair with my m0n0wall, what should I get?

I am a big fan of the WRT54g's with Thibor http://www.thibor.co.uk/ loaded.
I have yet to have them fail under HEAVY load.  I am using 2 right now as my
sites internet gateway (m0n0wall to WRT54g bridge to WRT54g AP to cable
modem) to set up a Linux logger/proxy, which is a lot of downloading
packages and patches. :-)  All with normal activity still going on.  Also, a
lot cheaper than Cisco.

                            Lee