[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com>
 To:  Jonathan Romero <jromero at raydiance dash inc dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ultimate AP to attach to m0n0wall?
 Date:  Tue, 30 May 2006 16:02:33 -0700
Jonathan Romero wrote:
> I've been having tons of problems with both an apple airport and a linksys
> wrt54gx crashing under heavy load.  I am really tired of having to go back
> there and manually reset the units.  I'm willing to spend up to $1600 on a
> new AP to pair with my m0n0wall, what should I get?

I have had great luck with a Zinwell AP.  If its going in an outdoor
weatherproof box, this is perfect.  it has POE built in, broadcasts up
to 250mw , has a super good recieve sensitivity, and the WDS actually
works pretty good.   I piggy back 3 of these together off my m0n0 all on
seperate channels and am having good throughput.

i think pascadena networks has these for about 100 bucks+power supply+
poe injector = $125.   Pretty good since it is bettr than the
Senao/Engenius which the firmware seems to suck on these.

Chris