[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Shane Koehler" <shmoesolid at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SMTP problem
 Date:  Tue, 30 May 2006 19:54:55 -0500
Here is what I have:

WAN: x.x.x.244/28 (Goes to a T1 router [firewall off])
LAN: 192.168.1.1/24
OPT: 192.168.2.1/24
DMZ: 192.168.3.1/24

On the DMZ interface I have 2 servers using 1:1 NAT:

WEB:  ext: x.x.x.242/32 int: 192.168.3.2/32
MAIL:  ext: x.x.x.243/32 int: 192.168.3.3/32

First off, why am I unable to ping the external IP from anywhere inside of
m0n0wall?
On my web server I have a virtual SMTP server I use to send out mail for web
orders.  Whenever I place an order with my webserver without it being behind
m0n0wall, everything works no problem, sends the mail I need it to send.
But whenever I put m0n0wall back in, the mail just goes to my queue and just
sits there, will not send at all.  I also got an error message saying it was
unable to relay when behind m0n0 as well.  I even put in a rule on the WAN
to allow any source to any destination just to rule that out.  I also tried
putting some DNS forwarder records to map "mydomain.com" to the internal IP
of the webserver since I was not able to access the external IPs at all from
inside.   As far as my actual mail server, it seems to be working ok behind
m0n0wall.  As long as I access the mail through the WAN at least (I have not
tried to access from inside yet).  Any ideas?