[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  walterpc at mchsi dot com (Walter PC)
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] fresh installation problems...
 Date:  Thu, 01 Jun 2006 05:08:17 +0000
You will get the same menu every time it boots with the options to configure the
NIC cards - see if it shows them in the correct locations.
If you have set the settings and IP - try connecting a PC to the LAN side and
see if it gets DHCP.
I'm trying to install m0n0wall for the first time. I'm installing 1.22. I'm
using the cdrom option and I have setup the firewall to the instructions
found on the site. I have a blank floppy in the floppy drive. When I boot it
for the first time, I hit "1" to assign the network cards. I do an
auto-detect and each card is detected when plugged in. Once it's done
assigning interfaces, it says it needs to save the changes and reboot the
computer. When the computer reboots, I have to keep repeating the process of
assigning the cards. It seems as though nothing is being saved to the
floppy. The floppy is not write protected and will read/write data on three
different machines. Is there something I'm not doing correctly? TIA!