[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Chris Bagnall" <chris at minotaur dot it>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ADSL subnet routing where gateway is outside the subnet
 Date:  Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:42:09 +0100

The ISP probably intended for the ADSL router to have two public IP

ADSL Router:
WAN =, LAN =

LAN = (some private IP, such as
(You can then use static NATs and Proxy ARPs to use the remaining IPs)

Andrews and Arnold give out allocations like this - it make it very easy to
give the m0n0wall a public IP address without setting up bridging etc on the
ADSL modem.