[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brandon <bstone108 at comcast dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cheap Hardware
 Date:  Fri, 02 Jun 2006 18:11:00 -0500
personaly,  I find the cheepest hardware to use is old pII machines
salvaged from the local mill,   they throw out perfectly good pcs every
year in what they call "preventitive mainenance.  go to salvage yard,
pay 1$ each for them,  they usualy got a 3com card in them and 128 of
ram and 2-4 gig hard drive.  get a dozen of them and a box of extra
cards that they also threw out for 1$ for whole box.

meaning each machine has at most 2 dollars put into it.

2 bucks for dedicated firewall?  not bad