[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "JP Moins" <jpmlists at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WRAP + hifn7955 + OpenVPN
 Date:  Sat, 3 Jun 2006 11:36:50 +0200
Hi, list.

I am running 1.21-ovpn1 - built on Sat Jan 14 11:59:35 CET 2006
on a 3-interface WRAP 1E box with a Soekris vpn1411 mini-pci crypto
card (hifn 9755 chip)

The crypto card is detected ok. OpenVPN works very nicely but it does
not seem to use the card : regardless of the cypher I am using, CPU
load on the box reads 100% during a file transfer over the tunnel.
I am using device polling so CPU load without the tunnel for the same
transfer is about 1%.

After some research I tried using "engine cryptodev" in OpenVPN's
expert options, in order to pass that option on to openssh.
In the log I can read this :

May 30 00:52:32	openvpn[4840]: OpenSSL error: cannot load engine 'cryptodev'
May 30 00:52:32	openvpn[4840]: Exiting

Am I missing something here ?

TIA,

--JPM