[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JPM <jpmlists at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP + hifn7955 + OpenVPN
 Date:  Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:26:59 +0200
On 6/4/06, Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> --- JP Moins <jpmlists at gmail dot com> wrote:
>

> > Am I missing something here ?
>
> What encryption are you using?  I think the crypto hardware only works
> on 3DES, so don't expect it to help with Blowfish or anything else.

Joe, thanks for your response.

I tested w/ AES-128-CBC (256 also) and DES-EDE3-CBC. I was surprised
to see the CPU load was the same as with BF-CBC since Blowfish does
run in software, AFAIK.

Running "openvpn --show-engines" in exec.php displays the following:
$ openvpn --show-engines
OpenSSL Crypto Engines

Dynamic engine loading support [dynamic]
CryptoSwift hardware engine support [cswift]
nCipher hardware engine support [chil]
Atalla hardware engine support [atalla]
Nuron hardware engine support [nuron]
UBSEC hardware engine support [ubsec]
Aep hardware engine support [aep]
SureWare hardware engine support [sureware]
IBM 4758 CCA hardware engine support [4758cca]

So, no "cryptodev" here, if that's the engine required for the hifn
7955 chip. I tried "dynamic", to no avail.