[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Odette <odette dot nsaka at libero dot it>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Rules number limit?
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:15:29 +0200
Hi all,

  I need to substitute our production firewall, and I'd like to use M0n0wall
which I've already successfully used for home or small office environments.

The solution I'm going to substitute is based on Linux-iptables which requires
more than 1000 rules. I need more than 25 static routes, and 5 VPNs.

Furthermore, in the next future we are migrating 2 of 3 network branches on
Gbit.

I'd like to try with m0n0, but my boss (I'm sure) will kill me in the event I
spend half a week in setting up the new m0n0 and writing down all the rules
to see that m0n0wall is not the right solution.

Is there a rules number limit or a session number limit implemented in m0n0?

Does somebody have some expertize in similar situations?

Anybody able to supply info or suggenstions?

Tanks in advance

   Odette