[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan Romero" <jonnyro at jonnyro dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problems with bridging, and wifi setup
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:36:29 -0400
Hi,

I have a m0n0wall unit with 7 interfaces.

My plan was to hook up the LAN to one interface, then the wireless access
point to another, then bridge the two together.

This worked in that clients on the wireless could access lan hosts, but they
could not get on the internet.  I tried pinging the gateway (the m0n0wall)
from the wireless hosts and they could not reach it).

Do I have to add a firewall rule to let the WIFI clients talk to the
m0n0wall so they can get through it's NAT service to the internet?  Should I
set protocol to any, or how should I do that?

I am going to review the default rules that come on the LAN interface to see
if I need to replicate that on the WIFI interface.

--
Jonathan S. Romero