[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Molle Bestefich" <molle dot bestefich at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] problem when using VLANs and NAT
 Date:  Thu, 8 Jun 2006 19:21:24 +0200
Chris Buechler wrote:
> Everything you describe sounds like a black hole issue somewhere with
> oversized packets.  Try lowering your server MTU to 1400 and see if
> the problems continue.

Sure thing, will do, thanks!

I'd also appreciate very much if you could elaborate a bit.

I have enabled handling of fragmented packets on every single rule in
m0n0wall, so how could this issue ever arise?  Shouldn't the
blackholed packets just be fragmented if they happen to be too large
at any point along the way?