[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  dave morgan <morgad at eclipse dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Internal NTP server problem
 Date:  Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:24:07 +0100
On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:56:34 -0500, tonemmaps at krehel dot com wrote:

>I'm trying to get m0n0wall to use my internal NTP server but my attempts and searching the mailing
list have left me with no clues.  Is it something that could be fixed by modifying a default
firewall rule or some option for the NTP client?

>Chris

Mine works ok, I have -

Wan NAT rule
WAN  	 UDP  	 123  	 <ntp_server_ip>	123

Wan firewall rule
 UDP  	 *  	 *  	 <ntp_server_ip>	123

DMZ firewall rule
 UDP  	 *  	 123  	 *  	 		*

(my ntp server sits in my DMZ, and serves time to the NTP Pool)

You may not need the first two WAN rules
try the DMZ rule on the interface your NTP server is on

I have my NTP server listed by IP address, not hostname in the
configuration box on the bottom of the system.php page

HTH

Dave
--
http://www.morgad.no-ip.info/index.html    gpg:0x64B5E037