[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  tonemmaps at krehel dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Internal NTP server problem
 Date:  Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:41:15 -0500
dave morgan wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:56:34 -0500, tonemmaps at krehel dot com wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get m0n0wall to use my internal NTP server but my attempts and searching the
mailing list have left me with no clues.  Is it something that could be fixed by modifying a default
firewall rule or some option for the NTP client?

>> Chris
>>

> Mine works ok, I have -
>
> Wan NAT rule
> WAN  	 UDP  	 123  	 <ntp_server_ip>	123
>
> Wan firewall rule
>  UDP  	 *  	 *  	 <ntp_server_ip>	123
>
> DMZ firewall rule
>  UDP  	 *  	 123  	 *  	 		*
>
> (my ntp server sits in my DMZ, and serves time to the NTP Pool)
>
> You may not need the first two WAN rules
> try the DMZ rule on the interface your NTP server is on
>
> I have my NTP server listed by IP address, not hostname in the
> configuration box on the bottom of the system.php page
>
> HTH
>
> Dave

I think I need to clarify a little more, not trying to NAT the NTP, I just want m0n0wall to use the
NTP server IP on my LAN segment.  There seems to be an issue with m0n0 talking to a LAN IP address
for NTP.