[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Greg <itsguy at charter dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple IP's with a twist.
 Date:  Fri, 9 Jun 2006 7:45:42 -0700
Since this was living in the 172.16.0.x space, that was one of my first config
settings.

Admittedly, a lot of what I'm trying to do here is rather confusing, but I do so
love a challenge, usually.  On a lighter note, have a simple one set up also and
it runs just fine.

:-)

Greg

ps. Sorry for the reply going the wrong direction initially.  Me bad.

=============
From: <itsguy at charter dot net>

> T-1 connected to a Cisco 1600 serial connect.  From there it goes
> through a Pix 515 before sharing the pipe with the Lan.  What I?m
> trying is to take the PIX out and replace it with MonoWall keeping
> the Cisco 1600 in place.

There is no reason I can think of that this should not work.  I am doing
similar stuff now.

> The first attempt at trying the MonoWall was interesting.  The inbound
> traffic came in just fine.  Was able to port the web and mail traffic
> right
> where they needed to go.  But the outbound on the global IP or the
> server?s IP?s just sat there smiling (all dressed up and no place to go).
> Unknown if the returns for the global outbound would have come in as
> there was no calls going out?so, I?m guessing maybe (non-commital).

This makes no since to me.  It should be working fine.  You may need to
uncheck "block private networks..."

> Two questions:
> 1. Is it possible to slip in a monowall and replace the Pix, given the
> mentioned networking layout?

I can't see a reason why not.

> 2. If so, is this where I would need VLAN?

You don't from what I can see.  When do you have one now?

                        Lee