[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeff Prater" <jeff at thoughtreactor dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Setting up a VLAN
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:40:39 -0400
Hi. I have just stared using m0n0wall and am loving it! Props to the
developers!

I do have a question concerning VLANs. I only have two network faces, on WAN
and one LAN

LAN IP: 192.168.0.1/24

I want to make a VLAN: 192.168.1.1/24 for a new client moving into our
building.

Is this possible with m0n0wall? Do I need any additional hardware or would I
be better off purchasing another nic and making a new LAN that way? I am new
to VLANs and I'm also kind of strapped for funds right now and I would like
to do this as easy as possible. Thanks for any help!

Jeff