[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Koch [TiKay Event]" <tikay dot event at googlemail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP and hardware router as client to m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2006 23:18:12 +0200
DSL-PPtP like in Routers is completly incompatible  to the
MS-VPN-PPtP. The PPtP in the Routers is called Modem-PPtP an uses only
the Authentification-Method and the Transportation-Functions of PPtP.
The VPN-PPtP developed by MS has the Security-Function also
implemented and so you cant use it together.

2006/6/10, Krzysztof Syguda <ks at koszecin dot net dot pl>:
> Thomas,
>  you are right -pptp is made by ms but it is implemented now in almost
> all  small routers and I really don't know the reason why it could not
> be use with m0n0wall.
> I have m0n0wall router with pptp server configured in the same subnet as
> clients. I can use PC with window and Linux system to reach them and
> establish a tunnel (only ip and subnet mask is needed to do this) - what
> is the difference between pc with linux and eg linxys router with linux
> on board:?
>
> If it is really impossible and m0n0wall have not implemented l2tp server
> - maybe someone know small boxes (routers) with IPSEC -please give me a
> model and vendor - I'll be very thankful.
>
> Thomas Koch [TiKay Event] wrote:
>
> > VPN via PPtP is made from Microsoft. The PPtP buildin in routers is
> > for DSL-Access linke in Austria. I just tried it and it is not
> > possible. For that you must use IPSec.
> >

> > 2006/6/10, Krzysztof Syguda <ks at koszecin dot net dot pl>:
> >
> >> I need to connect two subnets using m0n0wall as a pptp server.
> >> There is no problem with windows pptp client, but I need any hardware
> >> device to use as a pptp clients.
> >> I have tried to use many small routers - linksys (with original and open
> >> wrt and dd-wrt software) airlink, smc and d-link, which have pptp client
> >> on WAN.
> >> No of them is able to connect with m0n0wall.
> >> Do someone know the "small" hardware unit which works with m0n0wall or
> >> know some tips -how to made it works?

TiKay Event

Website: www.tikay-event.de
eMail: info at tikay dash event dot de

Thomas Koch

Beien-Weg 30
D-44623 Herne

Telefon: (0 23 23) 3 98 29 71
Telefax: (0 23 23) 3 98 29 72
Mobil: (0 17 8) 1 53 51 17 !!! Achtung, neue Mobilnummer !!!